Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
13,704 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is the first one of these I've ever seen. It's a 1967 Acadian Canso cowl tag on a car built at GM in Oshawa, Ontario, for export to Finland. The tag breaks down as follows:

Style: 7=Acadian, 1569= Canso 4 door six cylinder sedan, EX=export, LD= left hand drive, 2=shift/plant number, 11=November, 29=day (this would be the date in 1966 that the build began). This Acadian Canso would be equivalent to a 1967 Chevy II Nova 4 door sedan.

Body #: OS=Oshawa (build plant) followed by the body sequence number.

Paint: 9=enamel with LL barely visible at far right=Tahoe Turquoise Metallic.

Trim: 208=fawn cloth/vinyl

There are no options showing on the tag. The owner says the car has a metric speedometer (kilometres). I believe this would have been a fully assembled car when exported as opposed to other exports that were shipped semi or fully knocked down to be completed at the destination. Being a left hand drive export, this car has the same dash as our North American 1967 Chevy IIs and Acadians. RHD exports in 1966 and 1967 used the 62-65 dash.

This is one of 98 LHD Acadian Canso six cylinder 4 door sedans built for export in 1967. 212 LHD Chevy II Nova 4 door sedans were also exported.

Bob

Attachments

·
Registered
2,161 Posts
Can't say I have ever seen a Tahoe Turquoise car with a Fawn vinyl top...interesting color combo.

·
13,704 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
LL is Tahoe Turquoise top and bottom. Interior trim is fawn. There was no vinyl top option on Canadian cars in 1966 or '67.

B.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts