Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,845 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody ever seen a bench seat with headrests in a 66 or 67? I may have one but the headrests are gone:confused: They were recovered at one time and there is a headrest mount under the vinyl. Anybody know what the headrest looks like for a 66 Chevrolet bench seat? Cory

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
I have one in my 64. It originally was from a 66 4dr. From what I understand, this option was quite rare.
Heres a pic. Not a good angle, but you can see them. I can get a close up pic of just the head rest , if you need.
[/IMG]

·
Premium Member
1,845 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
PM sent! Thank you for the picture offer, it would be great! Cory

Here is my seat showing the mount. Sorry the first one will give you a headache. blurry!

·
Registered
338 Posts
197 1966 Novas with RPO A82 - Benchseat Headrests!
Yes, quite rare, like finding a pic of one.:yes:

Similar to 1967 Camaros with A82, which you can see here:

http://www.camaros.org/headrest.shtml

If you scroll down aways, you will see the bench seat with head rests and the cushion folded down in the middle. There are several pics showing the assembly with different side, front and top views.:)

I believe the 1966-67 Nova shared this with the 1967 Camaro, 1967 Firebird and 1966-67 Corvairs with bench seats. The RPO A82 bench seat usually had the "double-slot" design escutcheon and the RPO A81 bucket seat had the "single-slot" design escutcheon.

Other cars like the Chevelle and full-size Chevy had a totally different designed head rests, but used the same RPO numbers.:D

Gary

·
Premium Member
1,845 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Heres some more pics of my headrests.
These were off a 66 nova 4dr sedan.
[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

Interesting info on the headrests. I didn't know they were used in corvairs.
I knew these were rare, but wow. Thanks for the information.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts