Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My father has a nova we don't know much about other than it has a Skyroof,SS . It has no engine but it came with a 350 4bl carb. Also it's white, with houndstooth black n white interior, with a stripe down the side..kinda 3 small stripes.
Is it a Rare car? Anyone know anything about the Skyroof Novas?

·
Vendor
1,762 Posts
Can you post some pics of it? Does it still have the transmission and rear end? Sound like it could be a rare car, but research will need to be done to verify its authenticity.

And welcome to Steve's!

·
13,707 Posts
According to Novaresource.org, there were 35,542 SS Novas in 1973. Skyroof options totaled 3259, but they weren't all SS cars. This white skyroof SS would have been quite a unique, sharp looking car in it's day. Unfortunately, it would cost way more than it's finished value to restore it from the current condition.

Bob

·
Registered
4,659 Posts
I'm just taking a guess = it's a "HatchBack" car ?
I've never seen those style side stripes . . . . . before .

later , jim

·
13,707 Posts
I'm just taking a guess = it's a "HatchBack" car ?
I've never seen those style side stripes . . . . . before .

later , jim
The word 'Hatchback' was located on the C pillar of those specific models. Don't see that on this car. These were the stripes that came on the 1973 Nova SS. Don't see a lot of
these cars around. The 1973 SS wasn't promoted much and didn't even get a page in the 1973 showroom brochure. Maybe too embarrassed that they'd reverted back to six cylinder super sports. Any engine was available in the 1973 SS, including the 250 CID six. Sad days for the super sport name.

Bob

·
Registered
4,659 Posts
Bob . . . . . 10 - 4

My 74 - SOA - was 'that car' = SOA with the 250 , TH350 , p/s , f-drum brake car.

jim

·
Registered
152 Posts
I would still pull it out of that bush and slowly work on it. Any nova can be worth it. You said it was your father. Well that would add value

·
Registered
237 Posts
It’s sitting awfully low in the back: no car will survive sitting flat on the ground, the under carriage rust will probably be non-repairable.
Maybe parts could be used to repair another shell?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts