Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
WTH were they thinking when they came up with those shackles on the leaf springs????:turn:

I do know what it feels like to have a long way to go on a project. Even though they have it in primer, you have to take it all the way back down to metal to find the hidden surprises! There are always hidden surprises.

·
Premium Member
69 Posts
I would have to ask why the Trim Tag is attached with common hardware store rivets.

Although the VIN lines up with a 10B (Oct, 1966) build, that would be a big red flag to me, JMO.

·
Super Moderator
3,831 Posts
Sure there are a lot of questions. It would take some verification in person and maybe some documentation. If the rivets on the cowl tag are common hardware store, it wouldn't be the first time an owner took off the cowl tag for some or other purpose. I think sometimes people take them off just because it's easy.

There's a 4-speed hole in the floor, I think, and that would take some scrutiny to see if it's original too. But I wouldn't rule it out yet as not being the car of the cowl tag, and if it is, you won't see another one. Kind of high for the buy it now, but under 5 digits, if the right thing, might make for a decent project.

Just have to see it in person.

·
13,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I would have to ask why the Trim Tag is attached with common hardware store rivets. Although the VIN lines up with a 10B (Oct, 1966) build, that would be a big red flag to me, JMO.
There is nothing illegal about removing and re-attaching a cowl tag, but when a car is in this kind of condition it does raise red flags. He says he left the original paint on the inside of the trunk lid, but doesn't show a picture of it. Similarly, there is little or no evidence of a vinyl roof and the 4 speed hole, if it's there, is covered with parts. An on site inspection might clear this all up, but the ad lacks info in important areas. For a vehicle with no engine, transmission, seats, rear glass, bumpers, etc., I think the price is way high. It's not a numbers car and other than the color and vinyl roof, there is nothing really special about it.

Bob

1 - 6 of 6 Posts