Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,655 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok ok ok you can say it - we told you so.... At a shop getting my tranny flushed - motor keeps getting hotter and hotter... The 18month old fan is not running , maybe the relay - nope , maybe the thermo switch - nope (pulled the lead and grounded it).
Hot wired the fan / [email protected][email protected]@ thing will not turn on - out of warranty ...

Rant off ...
Suggestions on a mechanical setup ?
Is a clutch needed - mostly street and fwy driving
Short pump SBC ran 185 before.
Thx

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
I have had the best luck running a 6 blade fan with clutch. You can run it without a clutch but it will burn more gas.

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
So wait, you put a hot to the fan 12v lead and are positive its grounded and still nothing?

What hasnt been checked of the list of culprits yet?

I have a bunch of junk from that 350SBC core in my garage. May have the things you need to convert it, or some of them anyway. I know there is a fan and some pulleys, a waterpump but dont know if its long or short.

Let me know if you need anything, I wont be using any of it for a while anyway. Probably just need a little cleaning. You can take whatever you need. Just keep your hands off my block:no:

Lemme know.

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
For you to feel small is really sayin somethin big guy! So all this worry and nothings even broken?

I thought it was you who always said if it aint broke why fix it? Here you are trying to convert to mechanical fan :poke::eek:

·
Registered
8,013 Posts
Ok ok ok you can say it - we told you so....
:no: :no: :no: :rolleyes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :devil:

Ok now I REALLY feel small - pulling the fan out to see what I need - found a connection I could not see I had knocked loose ----- Opps :hiding:
If you had a mechanical fan you wouldn't have to worry about wiring. :no:

You also don't need a clutch. :no:

You want something else that could go wrong! :rolleyes:

Just run about a 17" flex fan, like a Flex-a-lite, and be done with it. :)

·
Registered
72 Frame off, bare metal resto-mod. 383, TH350, Eaton Posi, Complete new suspension, disk brakes
1,519 Posts
It gptch

For me it's usually my wife that humbles me, not the car. Glad you got it fixed.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts