Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,614 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm seeing my power bill increase to the point that it's getting ridiculous and I'm not sure if it's actually our power usage or rate increases that are driving it. So, I'm curious what others in the NW/Portland/PGE Customer demographic are paying.

Our house is ~1700 sqft and we're paying $140/mo for just electricity today (level bill option which averages the entire year's charges over 12 mo). The last bill I looked at showed that we have an underpayment balance (due to the averaging vs. actual usage) of almost $300 that'll get included in the next annual recalculation of our payment. This i going to make our ELECTRIC ONLY PGE bill about $170/mo when it happens.

Are we doing something unique with our power consumption, or are others paying similar gobs of money to PGE? (We heat with gas, so this is just normal everyday electric consumption)

Thanks,

Brent

·
Registered
221 Posts
power $

yup the rates have gone up here in Seattle as well:mad::mad::mad:
my average bill is around 70-85$ a month but i use wood to heat the house 1300sq-ft and have a kerosene heater for when its cold in the garage what is really killing me is the property tax $2600:eek: I am challenging it for next year as my value has dropped nearly 50K

·
Premium Member
796 Posts
Not sure if its went up. Mine is $200 month in the winter I burn wood to heat the house & $80 to $90 in the summer 2000 sq house & 2000sq shop.

·
Premium Member
14,614 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I went back and checked the last two years or usage history, and we're consistently between 1000-1300 kwh per month. It went up a bit after the kids were born, but it hasn't doubled. It appears that the per kwh rates have and look to be responsible for the ever climbing bill. :rolleyes:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts