Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I removed my fenders on my 73'. Breaking a bolt(there were 2 bolts) underneath on the fender right in front of the door. I believe that is the Firewall... How do i go about retrieving the wrest of the bolt? also, I tried to put the fenders back on after i removed the inner skirts and they didn't line up. Could this be because of the bolt I broke(one on both sides, but the same spot)? -Thanks in advance.:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

·
6,560 Posts
I would try and soak what is left of the bolts with some penetrating oil and if there is nothing left to grab with a set of vise grips you may want to grind the remaining top of the bolt flat so that you can center punch the very center of the bolt and then drill a hole in the center to where maybe an ez out could be used to get what remains out of the hole.

With the fenders not lining up now did something get bent when they were removed ?. Maybe the inner fenders had the fenders bent in a way to where when they were unbolted the fender took a set in another shape ?.

Lining up fenders on these car can be a pain but play around with where the shims are at and in what order they get put back on and the bolts torqued down. Sometimes no one notices how bad body panel alignments might have been before disassembly but where when the reassembly process comes around you might think is was better than what you are seeing now.

Jim

1 - 2 of 2 Posts