Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Banned
26,231 Posts
Members have used them but down pipe was extremely sharp on the bend to get them to clear... have you looked into the Sanderson cast iron ChevyII manifolds or shortys?

·
Premium Member
2,822 Posts
Not without modifications. I ran a set on my 66 but had to center the engine & lower it about 1'' or so. I think it's too much work for benifits.

·
Registered
4,603 Posts
I have stock GM ramhorns on my 63 and no issues with exhaust. Find some stock ones and clean them up.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Crap I can't win, stock was what I was looking for but couldn't find any at any swap meets. Are the stock ones slanted back? I've seen some on Ebay for a truck. Are they the same, I was told i need short ones that slant back, have never seen a stock one I guess. Do both sides have to slant back?

·
Premium Member
692 Posts
Set of manifolds from from a mid 80's gmc 3500 van are a bolt on,and dirt cheap from any pull and save type junk yard ,there not ram horns but have big outlets and good flow. No more scrapping the ground and no more burnt plug wires!

001.jpg

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Set of manifolds from from a mid 80's gmc 3500 van are a bolt on,and dirt cheap from any pull and save type junk yard ,there not ram horns but have big outlets and good flow. No more scrapping the ground and no more burnt plug wires!

View attachment 23974
They will clear the shock towers on a column shift 64 Nova?

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
Since the block hugger headers I have won't fit my Nova I've decided to go with stock manifolds. Dorman makes a set with 2-1/2" outlets for a corvette that drop straight down. Would it be possible to use these on a 1st gen with a good pipe bender?

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/rnb-674-504/applications
Can't you trim off the alternator bracket on that manifold (your pic) and turn it around and us it on the passengers side?

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
I used these picked them up new on ebay for like 50 bucks each.

they do have a 2`` outlet but a good shop can make headpipes like these no problem .

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Only thing i should add is if they are the ones with the air tube holes be sure and use plugs that have Allen Wrench heads not the square wrench heads even manifolds are really tight on passenger side at shock tower.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I got my manifolds, wonder how close they are to stock at the outlet. Those downpipes are from Summit made for rams horn manifolds, question is will they fit a Nova with truck rams horn manifolds.

I need to get something on it to do the break-in.

http://store.summitracing.com/parts/pye-dgu15s/overview/

I used these picked them up new on ebay for like 50 bucks each.

they do have a 2`` outlet but a good shop can make headpipes like these no problem .

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I talked to Pypes, they make those downpipes for Summit. They said they won't work, said the rams horn truck manifolds are alot longer than stock rams horn. Guess it'll be flex pipe and a couple mufflers for the 1st start up, then the muffler shop.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts