Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
854 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this has probably been posted numerous times, but I'm being lazy.:devil:

What is the correct back spacing to fit a 15x7 rally wheel under the back of a 63 with a stock 5 lug 10 bolt?
I know the factory rallys fit, but there are a lot of aftermarket rally wheels out there.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
3,859 Posts
I have always used a 5" bs on a 7" wheel. Some get by with less. Ride height has alot to do with it.

·
Premium Member
854 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Ryan and Tom.

·
Banned
26,231 Posts
Yo Ken, if it's to stay drum brakes a 4-1/4" rim will fit, as the car gets dropped it might scrape a little on the outside sidewall on a 235 tire... if you go 4-1/2" then the same tire will clear better WITH DRUMS. if you ever ever ever plan to go with rear discs then a 4-1/2" will scrape slightly on lowered, 4-3/4" will get you clear... but... if you go real low (more than a 2" drop) the 4-3/4" wheel will now scrape on turns...

i'm at a 3" drop with 15x7 w4-3/4" backspace, rear discs installed... my car would be perfect with a rear backspace of 5"

but these 4-3/4" & 5" backspace wheels are now "Customs" they'll have a larger center hole and a dual lug pattern...

hope i helped...

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Ken, I've got 4-3/4 backspace on a 15x7 wheel with disc brakes and 225 tire. 2 inch drop. HTH,

Tim

1 - 6 of 6 Posts