Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My first car, a 72 Rally Nova, had a standard interior with a black vinyl bench seat. The replacement car I bought has a custom interior trim with the wood grain inserts. I have seen complete custom interior kits, standard trim door panels but not standard trim seat covers. Considering the option of the Rally Stripe kit anyway with the custom trim interior.

Does anyone know or has anyone ever seen this combination? I know the Rally was intended as a lower trim insurance beater but could someone have ordered the combination anyway?

The other option is hunt down a 12 bolt and make an SS clone. Either way it will be a clone, Rally or SS.

I just want it to look right and enjoy it without everyone telling me "they didn't come this way from the factory dude...."

Thanks for your input.

·
Premium Member
31,194 Posts
The good news for the rear axle is, by 72 they used the 8.5 10 bolt in the SS cars. As far as I know the repop companies make the custom interior because there is more demand for them, but you can still buy the OE pattern and have covers stitched up. I would think these cars the Rallies would be available in either trim package, but not standard doors panels and custom seats.

I find it to be a pet peeve of mine when folks spend good money to restore their cars back to original ($50K+) and won't spend a few more dollars for the correct seats. It cost me about $250 more to put the correct pattern in my plane jane L78 car. I also respect the fact that some folks are on a budget and they feel the money could be spent better else where and some prefer the different look too.

We always say, build it the way you want to enjoy it, and go and enjoy it!!:yes:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts