Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Vendor
1,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorting through my radio parts and trying to ID the loose faders. I think this one is Nova, can anyone confirm? If yes, what years? Would it be correct for a '66?

Many thanks :yes:

Attachments

·
Vendor
1,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I dont think that is a 66 67 fader . Doesnt the 66 67 style knob have 3 ribs on it?
I have a 3 rib one as well, but my understanding that is Chevelle and possibly Corvair.

·
Premium Member
1,740 Posts
fader

Looks like the one I have off a 63... may be correct only for 62-65.. I am not sure what the two knobs on the right are from..

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1965 2door HT Helena, GA 31037
1,537 Posts
This is the first info that I've read about the Nova radios so I'm curious. Would it be possible to post a photo of the back side of the fader? Also, do you know just how the fade worked? Did it do a front to back fade?

·
Super Moderator
3,882 Posts
I had one in a '65. It's a front to back, as a rear speaker was an option, even in wagons. Remember, no stereo units through '67 at least unless you had the rare combo of a stereo multiplex and AM/FM radio in a '65, the only year offered for 1st or second generation cars.

·
Premium Member
1965 2door HT Helena, GA 31037
1,537 Posts
I do remember when the first FM station went on the air here in S.E. Georgia. Nobody had an FM radio in their cars but when they came out with the FM to AM converters, we all jumped on them. They were a little bit expensive at first but as time when on and electronics matured, they got cheaper.

Being an electronics guy myself, I'm curious as what electronics they had behind the knob. I'm thinking just a potentiometer to divide the signal between speakers.

·
Registered
63 SS convertible 67 SS 4 spd
831 Posts
I know this is an old thread but I am resurrecting it because I have one identical to the original post by SouthBay2s. If it is not for a 66/67 does anyone have a photo of one that would be from a 67? I'm also curious about the connection from the end of the fader switch to the radio. Trying to gather up parts to get my 67 back to original.
Victor

·
13,805 Posts
The 1965 Chevy II AM/FM/Stereo was a $244 option, plus another $13 for a rear seat speaker. This was a ton of money to get the few FM stereo radio stations that were on the air in 1965. Obviously, it was ahead of it's time, because according to Novaresource.org, only 260 were factory installed in '65. It never appeared again until 3rd generation Chevy IIs/Novas.

Bob

·
Registered
63 SS convertible 67 SS 4 spd
831 Posts
My cowl tag for options is 2LR. 4 speed and rear seat speaker. I found the fader switch in a box of stuff that came with the car along with some of the wiring. Of course some of the wiring has missing ends. Now I'm thinking the fader is not what actually goes with this particular car. I am in the process of putting an AM radio and dash speaker in and thought it would be nice to put the rear speaker in while I was at it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts