Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The fan always wins. After my core support gave out and sent the radiator into the fan last December I decided it was time to give it a good refresh. Thermostat, hoses, bushing, core support, 3 row radiator, new trans cooler, and more stuff i'm forgetting, just finished the car about two weeks ago.

·
Premium Member
1968 Chevy II Nova, Central Arkansas
1,993 Posts
Nice work. Now you are ready to go cruising again.

·
Super Moderator
3,837 Posts
Like the repair. Always nice to see when it's done legit, finding the right parts. Not a lot of down time either, considering.

·
Registered
Mike - 74 Nova Baltimore, MD
1,490 Posts
Good job on the repair! I like that you were able to incorporate the upper radiator support for a clean looking install.
Looks like your ready for more miles of happy cruising.

Reactions: Suny243

·
Registered
4,652 Posts
Suny243 …………. good job , (y)

I have a question - - - In your above pictures - - pic # 3 ……. would you have that picture without the fan blade mounted . ? I would like too see your "fan belts & water pump pulley" mounting .
just checking ( I'm thinking about adding 'power steering' to my 69 - 250 engine .

Later , jim

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Suny243 …………. good job , (y)

I have a question - - - In your above pictures - - pic # 3 ……. would you have that picture without the fan blade mounted . ? I would like too see your "fan belts & water pump pulley" mounting .
just checking ( I'm thinking about adding 'power steering' to my 69 - 250 engine .

Later , jim
Sadly the car is together now, but I did find these in some one my files, I hope they help!

·
Registered
4,652 Posts
Thank you for posting . . . . your pictures .

jim

·
Registered
514 Posts
That was some serious rust. I'd recommend checking over the rest of the car for potential structural rust. Losing a radiator is one thing, but losing a suspension point could be disastrous.

The repair turned out great. Very clean!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That was some serious rust. I'd recommend checking over the rest of the car for potential structural rust. Losing a radiator is one thing, but losing a suspension point could be disastrous.

The repair turned out great. Very clean!
The body has some rust in the usual spots but the core support rusted so bad due to the battery leaking acid over the years, it was a barn find after all, and I've checked the frame and suspension, only things that needed immediate replacement were the Rag joint and the rear bushings, and the rag joint has been replaced and I have new bushings to install soon, and everything else is fine for the time being, but will be replaced down the road, I plan to switch to front discs off my 73 parts car one day.

·
Registered
4,652 Posts
Hey Suny - -

I up graded my 69 - to front disc - and, started buying (some small) parts = like front brake hoses, front inner wheel seals ,
and other small parts ahead of time (too have on hand & be ready). But, when I ask about "Rebuilt
Brake Calipers . . . . they said " most likely they could be "overseas products" . At that time - I said " I'll
just "re-seal my original 'DELCO ' calipers ………. and, glad I did . Meaning : I'd rather keep my Delco 's
than have 'overseas' ………… there are only 2 rubber seals on each ONE , == one o-ring for the
caliper 'piston' ; and then the 'Rubber Dust Seal' . . . . . . (simple) .
I'm just saying . . . . . I do know guys - that wish they still Had Their original calipers .
Just a little ' FYI ' ...………. it's your car …………. (ps - I had good 'metal caliper pistons' ) .
original brakes - - (not a kit) .

jim

1 - 12 of 12 Posts