Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Swapping BBC into 1st gen. Nova had the inline 6 before - CAN I use the stock radiator with the V8 or will I have cooling issues from the start? If I have to swap what are good options that will fit the stock raidator support and not be too thick with clearence issues. Comments and reccomendations appreciated.

·
Registered
645 Posts
Your stock unit will no be able to cool a BB. I would suggest that you look on summit to find an aluminum radiator. They have them listed with length x width x height specs. I would also suggest a large CFM electric cooling fan (with relay) and a good schroud.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
what about stock for V8

Some of the nova's came with a v8 (283). Is there a stock replacement alternator that would work for this (if so what is it).

If I go the electric route you suggest then I would not need the stock fan/ pulley combo?

Is the aluminum better then the copper/steel...

Sorry just trying to understand the best options here from folks who have done this already.

·
Premium Member
3,500 Posts
I would contact Big Al on this site. He is a Champion radiator dealer and will hook you up with what you need like he did for me.
They are a very nice product.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Big Al

Tried searching the members and on came up with one Big al and he was a newbie. Is that the correct person?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts