Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 63 chevy II with a mild 327 and 350 turbo. My main problem is my temp runs about 230... Way too hot to drive in this Texas heat. I want to put on an aluminum radiator (replacing the stock L6 radiator) but not break the bank doing it. I have found some good priced radiators in Summit, but am unsure what size to go with and how to mount it. I have a 16" electric fan that I will transfer over. I guess what I am looking for is Ideas of what size to get and how to mount it. Any pics, places to shop and prices would be great. I do plan on putting a 388 stroker and replacing my 350 turbo with a 2004r in the future as well and want the radiator to need no modification.

·
Premium Member
20,542 Posts
I have a 63 chevy II with a mild 327 and 350 turbo. My main problem is my temp runs about 230... Way too hot to drive in this Texas heat. I want to put on an aluminum radiator (replacing the stock L6 radiator) but not break the bank doing it. I have found some good priced radiators in Summit, but am unsure what size to go with and how to mount it. I have a 16" electric fan that I will transfer over. I guess what I am looking for is Ideas of what size to get and how to mount it. Any pics, places to shop and prices would be great. I do plan on putting a 388 stroker and replacing my 350 turbo with a 2004r in the future as well and want the radiator to need no modification.
Put in whatever summit aluminum radiator fits in there.Go out and measure the height and the width of the one thats in there.One will be close...Mounting...Buy the one with the flanges.They have about 5 or 6 different sizes.In the mean time use some water wetter and dont drive it too much at 230*....its not good for the motor.bm

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Do you have any item numbers on the summit radiators with the mounting brackets attached. im only seeing 2 one for chevy and one for ford/mopar. i do see something called a hot rod radiator side bracket that looks like you can add it to the plain radiator, but i am unsure how it gets attached. any ideas on how that is attached?

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
I'd put the biggest one that will fit. Even if you had to open up the radiator support it be worth it.

·
Registered
508 Posts
there is a couple other post about this already but here is mine. i believe it is a 19x24" with a 16" fan. i went with this one to utilize the stock mounting holes in the suport. i welded the tabs on my self to the tanks. as you can see it works perfect. this is also cooling a 13.5-1 SBC and usally stays around 185 on a average day here in Cen-Cal.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts