Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have a picture of the bolts that are used to mount a factory style V8 radiator? 62-67. Does the radiator mount directly the body panel or is there rubber spacers between the two?

My car came with a small aftermarket crossflow radiator that I want to get rid off

·
Premium Member
1965 2door HT Helena, GA 31037
1,551 Posts
I just got my order in for the nuts and bolts needed to attach the shroud between the core support and the radiator. If you elect not to use the shroud then you can half the order. (X) indicates how many are required. Both of these orders got me 10 of each.

Screws (bolts) - GM # 3846202 - (8) - AMK # B11710 pg. 103 of the catalog.

Nuts (Clips) - GM# 3784845 - (8) - AMK # B-10617 pg. 59 of the catalog.

http://www.amkproducts.com/Catalog_PDF.htm and select 92-108 PDF. That will take you to an illustration of the bolt on page 111.

Go back to the catalog and select 56-73 PDF. That will take you to an illustration of the bolt on page 59.

To add parts to the cart go back to the catalog page listed above and select "Shop by Part#" and it will take you to the page to input the above part numbers "CART". When finished at the top of the page on the right select "Check out". That will take you to the page to pay by Credit Card.

It's not as hard to do as it sounds. I've ordered a lot of original stuff from them and their shipping is reasonable. If you order over $30 on your first order you can get a free catalog which I encourage you to get. The catalog has a section for Novas only.

Hope this helps.

Attachments

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you for the help! I plan to mount it similar to a 65. I didn’t know 64’s had a shroud in front of the radiator.

I plan to buy the radiator kit from Chevy2only, which supposedly comes with the hardware to mount the radiator and fan.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts