Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, what factory radiator hoses have you found to work for your lsx swaps. Lookn for upper n lower part numbers if you have em. Im running the Entropy radiator and a Meziere EWP which prolly wont make a difference.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok great, thank you. Do you also happen to know what size those 2 ports are on the entropy rad? Im gunna plug top one and use the lower one for my -4AN steam vent

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Tom, curious why you are running temp gauge from the hose? Inline i assume? Im running factory lsx location from the cylinder head. N if i wasnt, id thought id use 1 of 2 ports on entropy radiator for it. Other being for the steam vent. Just curious is all.

·
Premium Member
2,012 Posts
Some LS folks say to put the temp sensor in the top of the water pump. I had it in the head like the factory and then drilled the boss on top of the water pump. The head would read so high that it scared me. The water pump was more even and I felt more accurate for the system.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Were the readings accurate in your opinion when located in the head? Im thinkn if factory wants it read at cylinder head, than so do i. But i could be very wrong.

·
Premium Member
4,525 Posts
Ok great, thank you. Do you also happen to know what size those 2 ports are on the entropy rad? Im gunna plug top one and use the lower one for my -4AN steam vent
The port under the upper hose is 1/4" npt. The two on the drivers side are for a trans cooler. I wouldn't use the lower one for the steam vent. It really should be at the highest part of the return, which is the upper hose, or water pump discharge, as that is the water coming out of the engine. I believe it gives you the best aggregate temperature of the engine.

Tom, curious why you are running temp gauge from the hose? Inline i assume? Im running factory lsx location from the cylinder head. N if i wasnt, id thought id use 1 of 2 ports on entropy radiator for it. Other being for the steam vent. Just curious is all.
Yes...inline. As I said above, it is the water coming out of the engine. I feel it represents the best actual engine temp, as the sender in the head can read as much as 30 degrees higher. I'm sure the OE's use this as a temperature go-by for fueling strategy, but I never cared for one there, as it is subject to latent engine/header heat....just my opinion....

Some LS folks say to put the temp sensor in the top of the water pump. I had it in the head like the factory and then drilled the boss on top of the water pump. The head would read so high that it scared me. The water pump was more even and I felt more accurate for the system.
Some folks do put it there. I don't care for it for a couple of reasons. On the remote chance that you lose a water pump, especially on the road, you have no place to put the steam vent.....

Also, upon replacement, you may not get your core money back with a hole in the pump. In the chance that they may weld the hole up on a rebuild and resell it, you might not be happy to get a replacement pump with a plug in it, or welded up.....again, just my preference.

T,

·
Premium Member
2,012 Posts
In line should be the same as the top of the water pump temp wise. You are correct the head was about 30 degrees hotter which was above my tolerance level. The head get really hot.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
DONT, do you have a better pic of that upper hose? Im running a meziere EWP n it has a deep neck on it

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yea got ya. We are gunna run it in head to for now n see how it does. I know its not uncommon for the lsx motors to run 225* n still be very healthy. Our strategy will be to turn the fans on sooner n pray these Entropy rads are worth more than thier good looks. Im NA 427, but aluminum block n a big radiator/fans will help. I did some research for my own knowledge n it turns out factory late model cars prefer to be ran alil hotter for the fueling/combustion process. Probably mostly for emmissions. The gen IV lsx series motors can stand the abuse in the sports cars n work trucks they are found in...long term typically.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
DONT; nice clean build it looks like. Would luv to see more pics. Couple questions for ya
What kinda hp you puttn down with the ls3? How is your Entropy performing thus far?
Im gunna run my steam vent in same port as you did. I ll plug the other one below it. 1/4" npt? I think the model entropy rads we have are their newest models as the fan shrouds are different.

·
Registered
260 Posts
I’m around 450 at the crank. I’ll be doing a Texas speed stage 2 cam swap next month. The Entropy radiator works awesome. I’m using their relay fan controller which gets it signal from the camaro computer. The 2 speed fans hold the temp around 200 degrees. Hottest I’ve seen is 210 in traffic with ac on.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I’m around 450 at the crank. I’ll be doing a Texas speed stage 2 cam swap next month. The Entropy radiator works awesome. I’m using their relay fan controller which gets it signal from the camaro computer. The 2 speed fans hold the temp around 200 degrees. Hottest I’ve seen is 210 in traffic with ac on.
Perfect. I also bought the relay kit. Gunna control it using holley dominator. Hopn to keep temps in check. Should be makn well over 700 crank.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hoses

The gates 20450 for the lower and gates 22997 for the upper hose worked well for me. LS 3 water pump and Entropy LS radiator. A little trimming needed on the ends.
I could Kiss you right now. Thank you, this is what I was searching for!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts