Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm putting a six cylinder in an 73 originally a 350 car. (I got the car without the engine) The water neck on the L6 is standard 1.5" ID. However, the top radiator opening on the radiator that came with the 73 is smaller (1.25"?) ?? So I can't use the stock L6 upper hose.

Has anyone else run into this problem? Can I get a hose with two different IDs on each end? Or should I get a smaller water neck?

·
Premium Member
3,257 Posts
You can get the universal fit-all flex hoses with different size ends on them. Just get a length measurement and diameter of both ends and head out to the auto supply store. Any good auto supply should have them in stock or can at least order them for you.

·
Banned
26,231 Posts
change the water outlet ??? there's quite a few of 'em available. the gasket's the same V8/sixer... there might be one from a 60's-70's application that'll work for ya... worth a trip to yer parts house for a comparison ???

hope i helped

·
Premium Member
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Mike Goble said:
I had a girlfriend once that had two different ID's....

hmmm....there is two different ways one could read that......I'll stick to the cleaner version and assume you mean she had a fake driver's license so she could go have :beer: with you!;)

·
Premium Member
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
for future readers of post, found the chepest solution, use a small sectino o f1.25 inch hose as an "adapter". find a pice of 1.25 inch ID hose and cut off just enough to slip over the radiator inlet, this will increase the OD of the inlet so that it matches the ID of the 1.5 inch hose. Now just slide the 1.5 inch hose over the inlet and clamp tight. Works like a charm.

·
Premium Member
11,208 Posts
They actually make adapters similiar to what you just came up with. I bought a new radiator for my daily driver and they came with it for various applications I guess. RM

1 - 7 of 7 Posts