Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My '74 Nova originally had the Straight 6 and last winter right before Covid hit, we switched it out for a 305 from an '89 Camaro. We had to shelf the car for now due to everything going on and never got to the radiator replacement and guy who was helping me isn't around right now. It currently still has the stock radiator with one electric fan and it's not cooling the car enough.

After some online research I found myself a bit overwhelmed with choices and my somewhat limited budget. I'd love to get some of your inputs on recommended radiator/electric fan combos. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1970 Nova ZZ502/TH400
210 Posts
I had decent luck with Summit Racing triple pass radiator. It kept my big block cool during fall, winter, spring, and part of summer in Arizona (just recently upgraded to Ron Davis radiator and fans after a whole lot of overtime work lol). Several guys have used Taurus or similar OEM electric fans with good results. If you do run electric fans, make sure you upgrade your alternator to 100 amp unit. Also need to upgrade charging wire from alternator to starter (Summit has a decent kit for it). Electric fans draw a lot of amps (especially as they start up).

·
Registered
159 Posts
I'm looking into the Griffin PerformanceFit Aluminum radiator for my 74 Nova. It moves over to a dual electric fan and two core aluminum radiator. The combo kit come with all the things you would need to install it, minus the overflow tank. They suggest doing a cooling system flush prior to install to keep all the old gunk from getting into the new radiator.

·
Registered
14 Posts
My '74 Nova originally had the Straight 6 and last winter right before Covid hit, we switched it out for a 305 from an '89 Camaro. We had to shelf the car for now due to everything going on and never got to the radiator replacement and guy who was helping me isn't around right now. It currently still has the stock radiator with one electric fan and it's not cooling the car enough.

After some online research I found myself a bit overwhelmed with choices and my somewhat limited budget. I'd love to get some of your inputs on recommended radiator/electric fan combos. Thanks in advance.
I am running an afco
3 row w/ 18” flex a lite fan. Recently added n electric fan I found in pick pull from a 89 silverado.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts