Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a radiator exactly like my friend did for his Nova. It is a northern brand. I bought the insulators for a 70 Nova. I must have bought the wrong ones because the radiator won't sit done in the insulators they look cramped and do not sit down in the core support. It sits about 1 inch to high.

Any thoughts

Thanks

Greg

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
There's a differance between the big block and small block core supports. Could this be you're problem? RICK

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
aluminum rads are bigger (thicker) and do not fit down in the insulator. I had to bend my rad support a little in to get my rad to go right down.
He stated that the same radiator and mounts fit in his buddys car. Thats why I'm thinking maybe the core supports are differerent. RICK

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I took a dremel and carved out the insulators so the radiator could fit in.
Now I am dealing with trying to find a hose. The hose in the picture is what Oreilly says is factory. Anyone remember what they used?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,240 Posts
Radiator support...

There's a differance between the big block and small block core supports. Could this be you're problem? RICK
There is no difference in the bottom "tray section" of the rad. support between BB & SB...the major difference is the opening for the core is bigger by about 2 inches over the SB unit...there are other minor differences primarily in the welded nuts and top flap attachment areas.

the BB radiator is wider, but it does not use rubber support insulators..the BB unit bolts directly to the radiator support.

wilma

1 - 10 of 10 Posts