Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1969 Nova sm block,350 turbo Ohio
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone who has actually installed the steeroids power rack and pinion system on a 68-74 Nova, I would like to hear your opinion. How did the installation go? Was everything that you needed included in the kit. How is the steering now compared to the old steering gear? Would you do it again/ was it worth the expense? Thanks

·
Registered
4,648 Posts
Did you see this post ; 68 Nova - 3rd gen with " Steeroids Power R & P install " by new member
" NickeyNova68 " . . . .
(does not sound happy) .. . . .

I like this R & P set-up ;

(either one : Manual str - or - Power str ) . This would be my choice .

and, Bolt - on .

. . . . . jim

·
Registered
1969 Nova sm block,350 turbo Ohio
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Did you see this post ; 68 Nova - 3rd gen with " Steeroids Power R & P install " by new member
" NickeyNova68 " . . . .

and, Bolt - on .

. . . . . jim
" NickeyNova68 " . . . .

and, Bolt - on .

. . . . . jim
Anyone who has actually installed the steeroids power rack and pinion system on a 68-74 Nova, I would like to hear your opinion. How did the installation go? Was everything that you needed included in the kit. How is the steering now compared to the old steering gear? Would you do it again/ was it worth the expense? Thanks
" NickeyNova68 " . . . .

and, Bolt - on .

. . . . . jim
Thanks, I’m looking for persons who have actually installed the system. I have read the old posts and seen some ( but not all ) persons saying that the turning radius was bigger. I’m wondering if steeroids has fixed the problem by now and if not ,then why? If they are just using a rebuilt or off the shelf rack and pinion unit then they are charging too much. This system is being sold by a lot of companies and you would think they would get tired of complaints! Anyone installed one recently?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts