Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone gone from OEM power steering to a manual rack and pinion?? If so, how do you like it and is it a PITA in parking lots?

·
Registered
810 Posts
I went from manual steering box to a manual rack and a spool. Spool not so fun to park, steering no problem. But I run the small tire up front

·
Premium Member
1,736 Posts
I have installed the church boys rack and pinion from the ram power steering. I love it, parking is not as easy as power steering but I can make that sacrafice cause every other type of driving situation is 100x better IMO.

-Justin

·
Registered
396 Posts
Stock and R&P

Would there be a difference in using a power rack without the pump and a regular manual rack? If I liked the manual feel I wouldn't have to worry about the pump, brackets, hoses, etc. If it was still a pain, I would have to break down and buy the pump, brackets and hoses, not another rack as well?.....

·
Vendor
1,233 Posts
If you don't hook up the pump you will barely be able to turn it. The ratio of most power racks is 2 or 3 turns lock to lock. The manual racks are 4.25 turns. If you have really big bicepts you might turn it. If you don't you soon will have.
Tim

1 - 5 of 5 Posts