Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1966 nova with a LS-I and a TCI front clip.
The car has been a long term project, but just about finished after nearly10 years.
I started the engine last week, and as soon as I touched the steering wheel,
it started turning lock to lock.
I assumed the hoses were reversed. Not so. They are different size, and I checked to make sure they were correct. They are. I then bought a pressure reducing valve thinking that may be the problem.
Not so. Still does it when running. I am thinking there is a problem in the valving of the rack, even though it is new but about 10 years old, so no warranty.
Any thoughts before I buy a new rack?

·
Registered
132 Posts
I'd double check your lines, even though the ports are a different size, the lines i got were wrong and mine were reversed. Pressure in goes to the port to the front of the car, return is in the rear side. Again, not doubting you, just going off my experience on mine.

·
Registered
4,227 Posts
hb Bob . . . . . . I don't know ( all stock , 3rd gen, here) .
But, I'd maybe check this post & ask these guys for ' Info ' .

Keep us Posted , what you find out

and, WELCOME to SNS , glad to have you here, with u'r 66 .

…… jim

·
Registered
4,227 Posts
I'd double check your lines, even though the ports are a different size, the lines i got were wrong and mine were reversed. Pressure in goes to the port to the front of the car, return is in the rear side. Again, not doubting you, just going off my experience on mine.
already good info . . . . . ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ . . . . . worth re-checking , and simple .

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
already good info . . . . . ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ . . . . . worth re-checking , and simple .
I really appreciate the replys. I am sure the lines are correct. It appears that there is a problem within the rack. The rack is new, but I have had it for about 10 years, therefore no warranty.
Thanks Again for the replies.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Assuming there was an internal problem with rack, I replaced it.
Problem solved
Lines were always hooked up correctly.
Thanks

1 - 7 of 7 Posts