Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
for the nova nationals this year. they are looking into doing a fri night test and tune. we have people interested it doing this but there is a question about how strict the tech will be. most of these cars are street cars. what should we look at doing to make sure we can run? are they down to a T on everything? even if its only a test and tune night.

thanks al.

·
Premium Member
15,966 Posts
With the street cars seat belt, helmets and catch bottle for radiator will be all they are looking for.

The only "RULE" that might come into play and might not even be a issue is battery move to truck "without" a external kill switch. This s lot of street cars have done.

If you show up with a race car, with a cage, your going to be inspected to the letter.
IF YOU HAVE AFTERMARKET SEATS BELTS, THEY BETTER BE WITHIN DATE!

They have always been fair, never over bearing, just looking for the general things that can hurt you.

Al

·
Premium Member
11,208 Posts
for the nova nationals this year. they are looking into doing a fri night test and tune. we have people interested it doing this but there is a question about how strict the tech will be. most of these cars are street cars. what should we look at doing to make sure we can run? are they down to a T on everything? even if its only a test and tune night.

thanks al.
Years ago when I raced the Super Chevy shows at Atlanta I worried about tech so I called them and asked questions about that. I went every year for 4 yrs and every year they would find something minor wrong and they allows let me race but told me to fix it before I came back. When Bristol went NHRA I had the same concerns so I called them too. They too never threw us out for minor issues. As long as you show good faith with the critical stuff most tracks will let you go for that event and just tell you to fix it before you come back. So why not call them or E Mail them and ask.

·
Premium Member
11,208 Posts
My car was a street legal ride back then. I think a convertible may need a rool bar but best idea is to call them. I haven't tried to run anything that wasn't totally legal in a long time and just don't personally know what is allowed.

·
Registered
1,896 Posts
Convertibles can run to 13.49 before they need a roll bar. Then the bar is good till 11.49 then they need a cage.

ALL convertible drivers have to wear a helmet no matter what speed it runs.

I was a IHRA inspector for 4 years :)

·
Premium Member
9,228 Posts
Remember, the safety stuff is for YOU, not the track. There's a reason for each item as someone has gotten injured in the past from not having whatever it is typically. Don't scrimp on safety items unless you place little value on your life.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts