Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,858 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Racinfan83 - '71 Nova SS

Here are some pics I took yesterday. I used the Veterans Memorial at I-70 and TR Hughes for a backdrop - I support our Veterans - and I thought that my Vietnam era car would be fitting if I took pics here. :yes:

The car is a '71 Nova "SS" (I think)
I do not have a build sheet so I can only assume that is is an SS - or is a good reproduction of one. Either way - I like it!

The engine is a 396 out of a '68 Impala, with '73 454 heads. Harland Sharp roller rockers, .629/.605/295 lift Crane cam, Edelbrock Performer Intake, Holley 750 Double Pumper carb, Mallory 140 Electric Pump. Full MSD Ignition, Optima battery. Hooker Competition headers, 2 1/2" exhaust, not sure what mufflers are on it but it sounds good! :yes:

TH 400 Tranny, 12 bolt posi rear with 3.42 Richmond gears.

Rear tires are 255/60/15 TA Radials on 15x8x4.5 "SS" Rally wheels from Wheel Vintiques, fronts are 205/70/14 on 14x6 stock "SS" Rally wheels.

Interior is basically stock, with the addition of a Autometer tach and shift light. It is set up for factory A/C - but unfortunately that is not still on the car :(

Sound System: see exhaust.....:devil::devil:
It has the stock AM radio which does not work. I have new 6x9 speakers in the rear deck - but no tunes yet.

·
Premium Member
5,858 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Very cool, Eric! Let's figure out a way to haul it out here in October. :devil:
As busy as it is at work - I'm gonna be lucky just to haul ME out there in October...:eek:
I'm gonna try though. Working on getting the wife to go as well.....:yes:

·
Registered
225 Posts
very clean looking nova..good job!!!!!

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Beautiful car, appropriate backdrop...loved the pics, thanks...

pops

·
Premium Member
5,352 Posts
I love those wheels on Nova's,,, great lookin car!
You beat me to it.^ I bought a 69 SS Chevelle in Nov of 68. I always loved those wheels. Had not seen any good pics of your car in a while Eric. Looks good bud.

·
Premium Member
5,858 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I kinda got tired of looking at the same old sig pic I have used for like 3 years now - so I figured I should go get some new ones :yes::yes::D
The car really doesn't get out of the garage much :( We are either busy doing other things like work or the cat rescue thing, or housework, or whatever... I decided I'd wax it up and go get some new pics. I drove by the Memorial, and the lightbulb came on that I could take the car there and get some nice pics with a fitting background.
Thanks for all the nice comments guys! :yes::yes::yes:

·
Premium Member
11,285 Posts
Ya gots a fine looking ride there Eric. Love the color, stance....everything. :yes:

·
Premium Member
5,858 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Here is my sorry attempt at a video. Sound is good - don't have a clue why the picture is so grainy??? First time I ever tried a video....
Sorry bout the smoke at the end - it loads up when idling and I haven't figured out how to fix that yet....:(:(

1 - 20 of 35 Posts