Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,208 Posts
I'm loaded too, safe trip and race to all. Going to be 90 plus here so it should be miserable hot and humid. RM

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
Actually, I'm not too surprised it slowed down. I think the 750 will work pretty well for your car and make it more consistent to boot. What intake and heads are you running? You could always try an 830.

·
Registered
223 Posts
nova10sec said:
Well, once again I changed in the wrong direction. Pulled my 750 race demon and tried a 870cfm Prosystems carb. Car slowed by .25 and 2.5mph...
I saw you running on saturday, it was consistant 10.5's all day. Honestly I would put your 750 Race Demon back on and tune it to run in the summer air. I really think you killed it with to much carb, the motor is to small for that size carb.

·
Premium Member
13,245 Posts
Adam, that's puzzling to me. Patrick has been dead-nuts on with the other guys that I've talked too. I haven't begun to fine-tune mine yet, but I imagine it's pretty close to where it needs to be already.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If it were a bracket car, it wouldn't be bad for a footbraker.. 10.51-10.56 all day. The air was poor, the factor some people I know used was a corrected 2200ft of elevation.. If I buy into that, the car was basically running the same et as before. My avg stats from sat:
ET 10.53
Mph 125.5
60ft 1.46

I did a lot of trials, jetted down, timing change, spacer removal.. Jetting 1 size down helped a little, after that, there was no change.

·
Registered
209 Posts
So is it safe to assume you guys are factoring in air density, wind direction and track temp for your testing of modifications?

I found a handy formula to give me the density of a cubic foot of air so I can use the information (including a SAE J1349 hp correction factor) to really know if my power improved, or if the air just improved. Otherwise its hell to track if a jetting/timing change or carb change, made a difference (good or bad) as the air changes.

·
Registered
6 Posts
10 second nova

[Could you help please i just got a 1968 nova. 406 big com cam,pro 1 dart heads 202 valves. 12.1 compression , roller kit, intake chevrolet raise with 750 holley, 411 rear with strange 35. slick 26x10.5x15.fuel 110 octine. Also 2 speed glide. Drag strip at 3000 ft and very hot 95/100. The power valve in the 750 second has been block off.I need help on jeting any help.Old man like drag racing, Thank you

1 - 16 of 16 Posts