Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
if any one could help I would really apreciate it. will be going to N.C. soon to look at houses. it looks like there are 11 IHRA tracks and 2 NHRA tracks . sounds like a raceing state to me:) but a few people I know have told me in these new devolpments that they have been building you cant have a trailer or fence your yard .. :( live on long island in NY and tired of trailering to NJ . would apreciate your input. bobby

·
Registered
73 Posts
So great a racing state that IHRA Div. 9 includes only NC.

If you're thinking of buying in a new or used development have your realtor get you a copy of the 'restrictive covenants' for any sub division you may be interested in. They are recorded in the 'Registor of Deeds Office' and spell out what you can or can not do.

What part of the State are you thinking about?

I am a realtor and live in the western NC mountains (Asheville area).

I am also a Nova drag racer and there are races every weekend in any direction you want to go (east in NC, west and north to Tenn, south to the tracks in SC and Georgia).
I live 118 miles from the NHRA tracks at Commerce, GA (Atlanta Dragway) , 93miles from Bristol, and much closer to the local (IHRA and non-sanctioned) tracks.

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
my dad wants to go south too...after i graduate high school...i also live on LI, and i went to atco yesterday, and got home at 1am.....it sucks...the gas is a killer, tolls suck now that they have scales....no matter what, its a $300 dollar day atleast...figure tow vehicle gas, race car gas, pit vehicle gas, insanely priced terrible tasting track food, entry fees, crew members, tolls, and it goes on and on....hopefully this track gets built here, but i wont get my hopes up...theyd rather turn it into houses...

·
Premium Member
832 Posts
If you go on ''chasinracin''.com, you can pull up a map of NC and see where all 15 strips are located. It really sucks when you live somwhere where there are no tracks within 100 mi.

·
Registered
556 Posts
I have lived here in NC my whole life. I live in Statesville witch is just North of Mooresville on I77. I know my neigborhood has a ordinance against "stuff" {trailers,old cars,clothes lines etc in the front yard, so I park my trailer in the side of my yard. I do know that the Mooresville area is growing super fast and most of their community's do have ordinances. Like Bobby said you can always find out before you buy. We are a racing state, with NASCAR being so big in the area and alot of Drag Racing teams relocating or just building new teams. Greg Anderson,Jason line, Victor Cagnazzi (Erica Enders) have there shop in Mooresville. Doug Herbert is in Lincolnton which is about 25 minutes from me and we have plenty of tracks within an 10 mins to an hour from my house.

·
Premium Member
11,208 Posts
I moved to SC back in 1982. Not sure if you have a specific area related to a job you have to move too or what but there are many areas that have no restrictions of any sort. Mooresville and Charlotte are growing very fast, traffic is terrible and I wouldn't live there for any reason and they have alot of restrictions and big cost houses with little lots. So if you can live anywhere, don't move to an area with restrictions. The only restrictions in my neighborhood is no businesses can be run from the house, no house trailers allowed, certain sq ft minimun for each house, no fences allowed in front, all buildings must match the house construction style and no farm animals, horses only if you have 5 acres or more. My enclosed trailer is in a storage building with my boats and the 3 car garage where I keep and build my cars as a hobby all are made to look like the house and I do whatever I want. I live on a cul da sac with 5 acres and we use to have a horse. I love it here, Ohio got to be more than I could take. They'll bury me here.......LOL. RM

·
Premium Member
6,277 Posts
Real McCoy said:
. The only restrictions in my neighborhood is no businesses can be run from the house, no house trailers allowed, certain sq ft minimun for each house, no fences allowed in front, all buildings must match the house construction style and no farm animals, horses only if you have 5 acres or more. here.
:eek: :eek: No farm animals and house trailers ??:eek: :eek:
How can you stand it?

·
Premium Member
11,208 Posts
It's a struggle but I manage to get by OK. When I left Ohio they had a law in the town I grew up in that you couldn't park a P/U truck in your driveway and they also had a law that no garage door could open to the street, had to be on the side or rear. You had to get a permit to paint your house and they could refuse to give you one if you picked a color they didn't like. Lots of rules so just know what they are in the area you decide to live in. RM

·
Premium Member
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
thanks for the replys guys.... rods 65 is that true what Real McCoy says where you live statesville and mooresville have a traffic problem???? Long Isand life has been nothing but traffic my whole life . and if you have to pass through New York City to go to jersey or conn. mass. etc youve only then experienced the word nightmare.. BobbyZ we have heard that union co. outside Charolette is nice Indian Trail,Concord, Monroe, Harrisburg also out side Raleigh to the south . Taking a 4 day weekend soon to go find out . Im a trailer driver may be able to get a job with my current co. down there and maybe not. But I want to do better for my family.. Bobby Z Asheville seems father in than we would like but we really dont know where to go .I'll pm you and rod65

·
Premium Member
11,208 Posts
When you come down take a day and try to go from Mooresville into Charlotte on 77 then later that day try to leave Charlotte and go to Mooresville on 77 and you'll see the problem I refer to. Try to ride up Hwy 150 from 77 west on a Sat. I race at Mooresville several times a year and I won't go up 77 during the day. No problem getting home after midnight though. Lake Norman is what is feeding the growth in that area IMHO and it is out of control for an old country boy like me........LOL. Best of luck in whatever you do. RM

·
Registered
556 Posts
yep 77 can be a nightmare early goin south and from 3 til 7 goin north. All this is around the "LAKE NORMAN" AREA . Which is about 15 miles south of me and I avoid it at all cost.

·
Premium Member
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
thanks for the info . Real McCoy and rod and all others . told my wife that we could find out problems like that from my nova bro's. thanks Bobby b

·
Premium Member
1,710 Posts
i too am going down this summer to charlotte n.c. my in laws and bro in law bought houses in waxhaw. and they are renting them out. waiting for the day to move off the island. they also bought in a new development. it also has a civic community and they dont allow sh*t. everybody has the same door color and you can do this or that.
ill buy a house and some acreage plus open a shop down there. i can almost taste it, i have been wanting to get off the island for years.

its a epidemic here already 10 of my closest friends have moved and 4 more are going. pretty soon n.c is gonna be all long islanders.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts