Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm currently replacing just about every front suspension and steering component on my 71' Nova. The one thing I was not going to replace was the steering box. However after replacing everything else I am tempted to go with a quick ratio box while the motor is out and everything is being replaced.

I have been considering the rebuilt quick ratio boxes from Year One as they seem to be affordable, and sound like a good budget oriented steering upgrade.
http://www.yearone.com/serverfiles/fbshopmain2.asp?cat=6

Anybody running a quick ratio box out there, and is it worth the investment over the stock box? Also any other brands out there you guys can recommend? :confused:

Any help is much appreciated....

A

·
0 Posts
I installed a quick ratio box last year on my 70 Nova.
Purchased it from an older gentleman locally who had bought out a GM dealership years ago and had several NOS boxes.
Only issue I've had is when leaving a tight space you might end up backing up and pulling foreward several times before you get to leave :D
Other than that, I like the quick response.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
americangraffiti said:
I installed a quick ratio box last year on my 70 Nova.
Purchased it from an older gentleman locally who had bought out a GM dealership years ago and had several NOS boxes.
Only issue I've had is when leaving a tight space you might end up backing up and pulling foreward several times before you get to leave :D
Other than that, I like the quick response.

It seems mine has the tight turning radius problem now with the stock box. How severe is the problem with the quick ratio unit? Also is the decrease in turns lock to lock extremely noticeable? I have heard most are a 2 1/2 turn lock to lock versus the stock 3 turns lock to lock.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
DANNO said:
I put a quick ratio (by AGR) box in my 72. Love it!

Dan (wouldn't go back):D
Danno...where did you pick up the AGR box from, and if you don't mind me askin about what did it run you?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts