Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
about to order one of the throttle cable brackets and throttle cables on summit. Im getting the one that bolts to two of the carb bolts and has a return spring.

here is the question - does a lokar cable work with the gm type bracket? or do I need one specially for lokar cables?

also, which lokar cable do I get? thanks

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
to be honest, my LOKAR works fine, but being that cabel has to curve. it gives me a binding feelin, i can push threw it, but doesnt feel right. i like that SMITH one, or something. it was in another thread. same style pedal assembly, but more tricked. here's the thread.. good luck!!!!

what year is ur car again..???? the pedal assembly im talkin about is for a 1st & 2nd gen....
http://www.stevesnovasite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=123441&highlight=throttle+pedal

·
Registered
2,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
a little bit out of my price range, the smith piece.

I have a cable setup I can use, except I cut the inner wire too short. does anyone know where I can get just the inner wire?

someone said to use cheap hood release cable. has anyone tried this?

·
Registered
2,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have a cable setup I can use, except I cut the inner wire too short. does anyone know where I can get just the inner wire?

someone said to use cheap hood release cable. has anyone tried this?
bumpity bump for the early morning people

·
Premium Member
8,046 Posts
Can you cut the outer shielding off to expose more cable? I have the Lokar universal style cable and it had the right style end to work with my GM pedal.

·
Registered
2,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Try a brake cable for a bicycle.
hey, Great idea. thanks. I think thats what I will do.

Can you cut the outer shielding off to expose more cable? I have the Lokar universal style cable and it had the right style end to work with my GM pedal.
I cut the cable to length but cut it too short. the outer is correct.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts