Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
72, 2 Dr, 383, 700r4
1,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a QFT Slayer 750vs that I bought about 4 years ago over the course of my build. My problem is the throttle bracket (1st pic) is what came with it. It does not allow you to install the 700r4 TV cable bracket (2nd pic) to the existing throttle bracket. The new throttle brackets (3rd pic) allows the mounting of the bracket. It may even have the proper holes for the 700r4 TV cable on the newer ones. But you can see the newer one has the bends so the nut is recessed and allows the 700r4 TV bracket to be mounted.

My question is are there throttle brackets out there for sale that allow me to swap out my old one for the proper one. I see it's a nut that holds it on rather than the Holley ones that are swaged on. I have been unable to find one on their site. Before I call them has anybody experienced this. Thanks in advance for any info you may have.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
72, 2 Dr, 383, 700r4
1,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Talked to Quick Fuel, now part of Holley about the issue and they sent me a replacement throttle bracket that will work. There is no published part number online but if you call they can help you. The top bracket in the pic is what my QF Slayer came with about 3 years ago. It wasn't even compatible with the Holley 700R4 correction bracket. The bottom bracket in the pic is what they sent me. It is ready to go for a 700R4 with out the adapter. The best part is the QF bracket was held on by a nut rather than swaged on like the Holley brackets. No need to replace the throttle body or the throttle plate rod.

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts