Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys:
I have been having problems getting some specific info regarding fast burn heads. My 1st question is, will my edelbrock 7101 rpm (non vortec) intake manifold work?? The heads are drilled for both conventional and vortec intakes but I have seen on other blogs that the intake runners may not cover the intake ports on the heads?? The gm site says vortec intake or conventional intake with raised runners will work. I don't know if the edelbrock rpm intake is considered to have raised runners??. Has anyone used this combo?? The second question is what mods are required on these heads to exceed .530 lift?? Is it just springs?? if so does anyone know a part number/supplier.
Any info is much appreciated

·
Premium Member
4,365 Posts
Hi Guys:
I have been having problems getting some specific info regarding fast burn heads. My 1st question is, will my edelbrock 7101 rpm (non vortec) intake manifold work?? The heads are drilled for both conventional and vortec intakes but I have seen on other blogs that the intake runners may not cover the intake ports on the heads?? The gm site says vortec intake or conventional intake with raised runners will work. I don't know if the edelbrock rpm intake is considered to have raised runners??. Has anyone used this combo?? The second question is what mods are required on these heads to exceed .530 lift?? Is it just springs?? if so does anyone know a part number/supplier.
Any info is much appreciated
If you want more than 530 lift, you will need to change the springs. They coil bind at about 5.60 lift.

I'm not sure if the manifold will cover the ports or not. Will a Felpro 1204 or 1205 gasket properly fit the heads? If not, your manifold probably won't.

·
Registered
3,895 Posts
Springs required for more lift.
Double check the retainer-to-seal clearance

The Fast burn heads basically have the Vortec intake pattern. So NO.:no: Your RPM manifold will bolt on but it will not line up with the ports properly. You need a "Vortec" style intake.:yes:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts