Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am making some changes..... I am going to a new coulumn and interested on thoughts of Flaming river vs. Ididit.

Next is shifters..
There is B&M,Hurst,Cheetah etc.
in your opinion who makes the best one and why,

I want a 3rd Gen tilt floor shift column and who knows what length I need?

and Update... 4th Car Show yesterday at the Cruise 2 Barton in Barton Oregon and the Bad Man Nova took another Trophy... Now what exactly do we do with these awards ? wall mounts like my Elk racks or what..

·
Registered
2,558 Posts
I prefer the ididit columns: More tilt detents, completely made in the USA. Sold a lot of them with out customer complaints.

Shifters: I like & have used both B&M & Hurst. Just depends on what you are looking for.

Walt

·
Registered
4,715 Posts
I would go with the Ididit Colum.. The name says it all, and for the floor shifter? I would go with Hurst because its the gooder one! yes I said it!!! Gooder one.. :D

David :cool:

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
I bought an Ididit tilt and they were very pleasant to work with. I had them delete the ignition key lock as I moved mine to the dash like a 68 Nova. Believe it or not that saved me money. I expected some kind of extra fee for that.

You will probably need a new rag joint splined on both ends. It’s crazy what they cost and it is a little difficult to figure out which one you need.

TCI Outlaw with the built in line lock button.

Steve

·
Registered
372 Posts
Hey 72novaproject,
I checked out your project photos and must say I am knocked out with the quality of your work. I am going to have to step up a notch with my work now that I have seen how much better your work is than mine:yes:
I am inspired to do better. Thanks for the nudge!

·
Registered
2,558 Posts
This link from itslow should be required reading for anyone considering a new column!

http://lvvta.org.nz/documents/infosh...ng_Columns.pdf
Greg,

You wouldn't believe how many people we get at shows that comment "I can get one cheaper than that"! Personally, I've always considered steering and brakes very important, & do not look to those areas to try and save money. We've been selling & using ididit columns for years with zero issues.

Walt

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
Hey 72novaproject,
I checked out your project photos and must say I am knocked out with the quality of your work. I am going to have to step up a notch with my work now that I have seen how much better your work is than mine:yes:
I am inspired to do better. Thanks for the nudge!
Thanks Greg! I really appreciate that. For me it’s as much about the journey as it is the destination so I am having a ball.

I need to get back on the picture thing. I have done a lot and never took one photo. I started my picture site as almost a step by step but that takes a lot of time.

Steve

1 - 12 of 12 Posts