Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm having a 10 point custom cage installed with 4 link. Question is the guy who is gonna build it is going to use 1 5/8 to make new rear frame rails. Is this ok? Cross member is also round 1 3/4 i believe. Also i've read that its better to run front bars thru the dash. thanks for any help..Gary

·
Registered
4,760 Posts
is he using 1-5/8s for the cage or the frame is this a round tube car or are your frame rails the 2x3 box tubing

·
Registered
153 Posts
I thought chromalloy tubing for NHRA roll cages was allowed to be .083" wall. Am I so detached that something like that changed and I missed it:eek::eek:

Yikes!!!:eek::eek::eek::eek:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
cage

whole cage is gonna be 1 5/8 steel. I believe he is gonna use square tubing along rockers and is also local guy, but he has built cars before. (Trick Race Cars) thanks

·
Registered
162 Posts
I thought chromalloy tubing for NHRA roll cages was allowed to be .083" wall. Am I so detached that something like that changed and I missed it:eek::eek:

Actually it's .083 for CM, and you can use .120 wall DOM mild steel, instead of the heavier .134. Much lighter, but costs more.

·
Premium Member
667 Posts

Actually it's .083 for CM, and you can use .120 wall DOM mild steel, instead of the heavier .134. Much lighter, but costs more.
My bad, Racer Dan is correct:yes: Its been a while since i looked at a rule book.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts