Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Super Moderator
31,194 Posts
IMO the best way to bring them back is a fresh set of leaf springs or next have yours re arched. Extended shackles are not a stable and allow the rear end to move side to side during hard cornering. I order replacement springs at a local spring shop for my car and they do the job great.:yes:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
IMO the best way to bring them back is a fresh set of leaf springs or next have yours re arched. Extended shackles are not a stable and allow the rear end to move side to side during hard cornering. I order replacement springs at a local spring shop for my car and they do the job great.:yes:
whats a good brand for just ridin' around town? also IYO whats a good brand rear shock 'my 73 came without any'... :(

·
Super Moderator
31,194 Posts
whats a good brand for just ridin' around town? also IYO whats a good brand rear shock 'my 73 came without any'... :(
I'm not sure what brand my springs are to be honest. I just asked for replace Nova springs and bolted them in.

I now run QA1's in the rear, they're rebuildable and you can order what you want from them, for around $100. They are good IMO for street and mild track use. Proshocks and Afco are also very good and available in different rates of compression and rebound. 50/50 is fine for a daily driver otherwise contact the manufacture with your car specs and usage, and they offer good advise for ratings.

·
Registered
411 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts