Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is a pic of the Assembly Manual showing the heater attaching to the firewall. There is a spacer numbered 3 where the box extension attaches to the firewall. I don't think I have a spacer there. I have had that box off and I don't remember it being there unless it is under a firewall cover. And looking at the screw protruding through the firewall on the engine side it looks like most all of that screw comes all the way through.

Anybody familiar with this? How long is that spacer?

Attachments

·
Registered
706 Posts
Yes, there is a spacer. You may have left it trapped between the firewall pad and firewall when you took the screw out. I can send you pics of one if needed. It's just a piece of tubing about an inch long.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So it's supposed to go between the firewall pad and the firewall? I think I'll measure how much of the screw sticks out on the engine side then take it out. That will tell me if the spacer is being used. If not I'll see if it's back there. I really don't want to pull the pad away. Those become kinda fragile as best as I remember. Maybe I'll just put one between the box and the firewall pad.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Thanks for posting this. When I pulled the heater box (for the first time since I owned the car) it was loose there with no spacer. When reinstalling I thought "this can't be right". Now I see it's because there should be a spacer.

Rob

1 - 4 of 4 Posts