Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm ready to install a new gas tank on my 62 convertible. The filler tube has a small vent pipe on the outside of it that then has a short piece of hose that attaches to another pipe (see pic of that pipe). Where does it go from there? Are they reproduced as mine is clogged and so far I can't clean it out.

Attachments

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Let me ask a different question about the gas tank. New tank, new sending unit, new fuel line to pump. I put 4 gals in it (16 gal tank). Gauge reads 1/4 tank when key is off. Turn the key on and it drops to 1/8 tank??

Sending unit is Sprecta FG90A which is what every place I checked said is the correct 30 ohms unit for 62.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I replaced the rear most 18 or 20 inches of the frame rails. Is it in that section? Anyone have a measurement from some frame of reference? There is a bracket on the outside of the left rail that I think might attach to the filler pipe somehow. I welded it back on in the same spot but don'y see how to attach it now. Maybe it's for something else? Maybe a measurement from there would tell me where the nipple is supposed to be.

·
Registered
730 Posts
I may be making this up but i suspect the stock vent line to be one of the culprits in making fuel burp out while filling or making it difficult to fill at a high rate, Does anybody have tips on how to not only replace the vent line but also make it larger

arndog

·
Premium Member
2,808 Posts
Not that this helps on a stock tank but I built a larger tank for both my 66's and on the top of the tank opposite of the filler I have a 1/4'' pipe bung and have a 3/8'' vent hose. The quicker you can get the air from the tank when filling the better the results.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts