Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've been collecting parts to do a rack & pinion conversion on my 67 with a 194cid. The rack is designed to mount on the back of the crossmember in front of the oil pan. It's supposed to fit but it doesn't have not enough room. :no:
My question is can I notch the oil pan in the front 1"-2" or will there be clearance issues with the pick up?
Eventually I'll run a v-8 with a rear sump but for now this lil 6 cyl purrs like a champ.

Ideas? Suggestions?

·
Vendor
7,085 Posts
That looks like a non nova pan.The sump is in the middle of a Nova six cylinder pan

·
Registered
3,859 Posts
That looks like a non nova pan.The sump is in the middle of a Nova six cylinder pan
That appears to be in the middle of the 6. The sump is just in front of the centerlink and just behind the cross-member. Pan appears to be a Nova pan.

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
That pan looks like it has been bottomed out on a few times. But anyway there may not be enough room to knotch it,You will have to pull the pan ro see if there is enough between the pick-up tube abd were you want to put the knotch in it. But I really don't think there is enough room.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts