Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 64 nova I installed the chassi works front clip. now what size wheels can I run on the front 17s and what off set? Thanks

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
OK.. 1st off,.. it's TechGuy !
:)

I know a 17x8 will work with a 4.75 backspacing a 225/40 tire.
a 235/40 might fit with fenderlip rolling.. but different brands will produce different results.

Plus I believe the same size fits the rear, but I would research that as bit more if I were you.

·
Banned
26,231 Posts
I have a 64 nova I installed the chassis works front clip. now what size wheels can I run on the front 17s and what off set? Thanks
Oroville!!!??? :eek:

i have loved ones up there! way cool! it's beautiful country in those parts. lived in Gridley and worked in Oroville myself for a while... anyways, wanted to welcome you (i see you're not that new anymore but, you know ;) )

i think the Percy's wheel-rite tool might come in handy for you... allow you to run with "TECHGUY"'s info (yeah, oh gosh, it's not tech guy :doh: ;) ) LOL! anyways... combined with his insights the Percy's tool may be what makes the difference. bend a template wire around the tires of your choice, set the gauge at your wheel's size and backspace and you swing the tool via the wheel hubs/axles and you'll witness any interference... swap the wires for a different size tire, change the tool's backspacing and you can pretty much determine exactly what will work and what won't.

might save you some headaches. many members unfortunately didn't check & confirm and bought non fitting, NON Returnable wheels... costs too much as it is buying wheels & tires once, let alone twice.

anyways, hope i've helped... Sedans Rule!!! ;)

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys Ill check into that tool don't want to have to buy twice thats for sure. So you have family here? Might know them lol

·
Banned
26,231 Posts
Daniel (Dan) & Lynda Metseff. i'm hoping (unsure yet) that i'll be up their way late this year/early next... be cool to stop by and meet you. check out your project :drool:

i'll holler at ya if it comes to fruition ;)

be well. :thumbsup:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts