Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I removed an adhock throttle linkage (which worked 0.k.) and replaced it with a Locar one for a first gen. nova...I'm having a difficult time in getting the right angle in order to get full throttle opening, without the pedal being very high off the floor board......

The problem seems to be that the angle where the orginal linkage comes in, is higher than the top of Locar arm and at about at 30-45 degrees to the right which is not making it pull at a one to one ratio...Any thoughts or recommendation would be greatly appricated...
TooManyReels

·
Premium Member
4,602 Posts
Had a thread about this earlier, this is what I did. Had the same problem with the Lokar cable sawing at the firewall bushing. Used a 69 camaro gas pedal arm, reused the nova firwall mount, and adapted the lokar pedal to the camaro arm. Reused the Nova arm at the carb. Bought heims from Jegs, 1/4" x 28 tpi......and the rod I had made from stainless stock, gets WTFO throttle all day....trashed the rest of the lokar parts.....this setup is really smooth, and you can really feel the throttle now...

T,

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,602 Posts
I have one of those throttles. I worked the angle on the firewall and got mine to work. If this is vendor bashing then delete it, but I expected a better product from this well known company.

·
Registered
906 Posts
glad i didnt put that setup on the car.i have the complete setup brand new with the peddle covers:yes:i will use something else,not all the fancy streetrod stuff doesnt function as you expect$$$$$$$$$$$$$$:mad:
don

·
Registered
140 Posts
I already posted in the other thread.
Since then converted back to standard V8 mechanical linkage. And I am very pleased with that now...

Boris

·
Premium Member
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
LoKar Throttle Linkage

Thanks guys, I will do temp fix and look into the camero linkage...I have a tall deck block SBC and like with a BB chevy everything is very tight at the fire wall.....

·
Premium Member
4,602 Posts
Thanks guys, I will do temp fix and look into the camero linkage...I have a tall deck block SBC and like with a BB chevy everything is very tight at the fire wall.....

You will need to reuse the stock Nova bracket through the firewall, just swap the camaro pedal into it, as the camaro mount is clocked wrong to work with the firewall.....plastic bushings and all are the same. You can also bend the throttle rod arm like a "Z" to clear your valve covers. I have tall ones on mine, and it worked fine, it sets in the valley of the valve cover to intake where they join at the head, with about 1/2" between the arm and intake.....gets full throttle right before the bolt head hits the stop at the firewall. Make sure to put the bolt on with the head facing the firewall, or it will severely limit travel the other way......

I also had to bend an offset in my rod this time, as the valve covers were taller, and the vortec heads were slightly taller, and it also misses the overdrive bracket better. Rod was lengthened to 8-1/4" long....see picture below..(excuse the out of focus)

Here's the link to the previous thread below;

http://www.stevesnovasite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=98159&highlight=lokar+pedal

T,

1 - 8 of 8 Posts