Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in the middle of installing a CPP kit, disc brakes and a dual master. My question is I'm going from a Power Drum setup to a manual disc setup and need to figure out where to get the brake rod and clevis for my new brakes.

I was going to use either a Wilwood master or Strange master, and order their mount kit, but after reading about using the combination valve and how alot of people feel it's necessary I'm swaying towards a master with combo valve, but they don't come with the rod and clevis.

Anybody out there do a similar swap? It's for my 63 Wagon.

Thanks, John

·
Premium Member
3,361 Posts
Is the brake rod and clevis included with the master, or available separately?
I think the rod is included with the MC, but the clevis will have to be purchased seperately (I think CPP has them).

·
Registered
95 Posts
Hey there. I'm not sure if the original will work or not but that car was originally manual brakes. I added the booster and I think I tucked the rod and clevis under the spare tire. check there first or in the box of parts I sent with the car. If you don't find it let me know because it has to be around here somewhere. I hope things are going well for ya.
Eric

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey Eric! I'll take a look right now. I need to get some pictures of the wagon up. I think you'll like the way it looks.

That damn oil pan still leaks! I switched the gasket to a newer style, got the front to not leak, now the back leaks! One more time should get it done.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Yea the oil pan gasket is not one of my favorite things to replace. I pM'ed you about the rod/Clevis.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I can't find that rod/clevis, I've looked all over the place... ticks me off too.. I know I wouldn't have tossed it... I'll take one last look and let you know...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts