Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at replacing my rear air shocks on the 67.
I think I am going to go with Monroe Sensa-Trac 5818's.
Do I need to also get the Monroe AK38 adapter kit (says they are required)?
And is it 1 per shock or 2 per shock?
Will eventually be putting on Multi-Leaf springs too.

Thanks,
Rick

·
Premium Member
7,437 Posts
Upon review of an online search, it would appear that adapter kit #AK38 is a single bushing that would probably be inserted ito the eye of the shock in effort to eliminate any space within the eye and seat of mounting bolt.
Being of minimal cost, I would advise purchasing a pair in the event that they indeed are needed.

http://www.justsuspension.com/monroe-adaptor-kit-ak38.html

·
Banned
26,231 Posts
i had to get a pair of those for a set of shocks i had purchased... not Monroe's but same gig. unfortunately i wasn't aware they weren't included, nor that they were required... the part store couldn't get them until the next day, in a mad dash to get the shocks installed i went to Lowes and in their hardware dept they have all these cubbies with fasteners etc... i found a metal bushing that fit perfectly. pretty cheap... a couple bucks.

i'd save time/hassles and get the recommended bushings with the shocks. ;)

·
Premium Member
7,437 Posts
On a side note: You may find that the bolts provided with your new shocks do not fit through the hole/s in your leaf spring perches due to a larger shoulder diameter.

Should this be the case, hardened 5/8 X 3" bolts, nuts, & lockwashers can be substituted. (or perch holes drilled larger)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts