Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone. I am planning on replacing all the windows on my 65' with Lexan. I would like to avoid doing the screws and rivets where they will be so visible like I see on some cars. I see many race cars that appear to have factory rubber trim and molding and I assume that they would NOT have glass. So My question is has anyone replaced their glass with lexan and kept it all looking stock? I want to lose the weight but keep it looking mostly factory, as much as I can. I purchased a few sheets of 1/8th inch thick Lexan and hope to do this project soon. Thanks for ANY help here :)

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
If your car has an upper window track like I believe it does there is no issue. It’s only when there isn’t one that braces are needed. Screw it to the top of the door and put the trim on.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If your car has an upper window track like I believe it does there is no issue. It’s only when there isn’t one that braces are needed. Screw it to the top of the door and put the trim on.
Thanks for your reply. What about the windshield and rear windows? Does the Lexan just insert where the glass was in the rubber and then install as usual?

·
Registered
9 Posts
I'm about to tackle this job on my rear window. I'd love for the lexan to sit more flush because the mounting surface is about 2/3" recessed. I also would love for it to look more stock. Is there a rubber trim that goes around the stock rear glass? My car didn't come with any trim or windows.

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Look into it. They make different butyl rubber tape to act as a spacer. My friend just did the back window in his 69 camaro and put the factory trim back on.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts