Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will be installing a 6 banger with a 3 speed., Now I've sort of done this with a 350 and an auto trans, not hard. Never done it with a manual. What am I looking at, are there any adjustments I will need to do, or will this hook up just as easy as the auto did with the small block???????

·
Premium Member
31,194 Posts
If it is a straight forward replacement with both then maybe just clutch adjustment.Need more info,what was there before,V8,6 & was it man.or auto?

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have a 194 6er with 3 speed manual. I looking into rebuilding a 250 with the same tranny. See I've heard you need to adjust, aline or something with a manual. An automatic you just bolt on and bolt the fly and the torque and you are done. just would like to know the basics of what I'm in for.

·
Premium Member
8,405 Posts
Oh what you need is a clutch disc line up tool. This looks like the end of the input shaft and are available at suppliers. When you bolt the clutch cover (pressure plate) over the clutch disc the tool keeps the disc in place. Then when you install the transmission it will slide into place easy (easier).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts