Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 63 just got painted and when we put the doors back on the engine and trans were out, no hood, bumpers, etc... now that everything is reassembled both doors are sagging. The drivers side not as bad but the passenger side is so bad that I can lift up as hard as I can and it won't close all the way due to the seam hitting where it meets the rear quarter window. It won't even line up to close right there. My problem is the lines between the door and fender are good, its just the sag is the problem. How do I tackle this? Do I pull the fenders and adjust the hinges at the cowl or try to make an adjustment in the jam some way? I would not be opposed to just buying new hinges if that fixed my problem also. Open to suggestions? Here is a pic of driver side body lines and you can see the lines look good and passenger side same way. Just bad sag when opening!

·
Registered
3,448 Posts
Was the car supporting itself on its wheels when you initially installed the doors? Or was it up on jack stands..?

If the latter then you’ll need to go back and realign the doors at the hinges until they line up and operate correctly..

It’s not the doors that are sagging it’s the body..

1 - 3 of 3 Posts