Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
915 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have seen that all of the other 1st or 2nd gen front disc kits besides the cpp kit move the front wheels out a little bit. How big of an issue is this? For example, with a 2" drop spindle and 15" wheels, how wide can you fit and what back spacing would you need? has anyone tried this? I am just curious if moving the wheels out that much is really a deal breaker or not.

I've seen the regular kits including the master and booster for about $500. Where is the best place price wise to buy the cpp kit? Sorry if this has been covered before. I looked but didn't see specific answers.Thanks in advance everyone.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
With the kit that I have, it was no big deal. I run a 17x7 with 4.5 back space and a 205/45 tire. I already had the wheels before I changed to disc brakes. I don't have drop spindles.

·
Premium Member
20,542 Posts
I have seen that all of the other 1st or 2nd gen front disc kits besides the cpp kit move the front wheels out a little bit. How big of an issue is this? For example, with a 2" drop spindle and 15" wheels, how wide can you fit and what back spacing would you need? has anyone tried this? I am just curious if moving the wheels out that much is really a deal breaker or not.

I've seen the regular kits including the master and booster for about $500. Where is the best place price wise to buy the cpp kit? Sorry if this has been covered before. I looked but didn't see specific answers.Thanks in advance everyone.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App
so with drop spidles your gonna need 4.75-5" back space on those 15"wheels...with normal height spindles you can go wit 4.5 back space and get away with it....I have cpp zero offset big brakes....2" drop with 4.5bs and they barly clear...no rubbing...I would recommend zero offset disc brakes ,2"drop spindles with 4.5"-4 3/4" bs

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
i had issues on my 67 when i had my 7 inch wide wheel with a 205 tire with 4.5backspacing, with the 2 inch drop spindle, i now have a 5 inch wide wheel with no issues, but looking back i wish i had got the zero offset or went with the ls brake upgrade

·
Premium Member
20,542 Posts
i had issues on my 67 when i had my 7 inch wide wheel with a 205 tire with 4.5backspacing, with the 2 inch drop spindle, i now have a 5 inch wide wheel with no issues, but looking back i wish i had got the zero offset or went with the ls brake upgrade
yep with a 4.5bs wheel and 2" drop you need zero offset disc brakes:yes:

·
Registered
8,013 Posts
Carefull of what's out there. I had plenty of issues with a CPP kit that I never ended up using. :mad:

Wasted a lot of $$$! :yes: :mad:

This winter I'm installing a set of Wilwoods. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,728 Posts
I put the Disc Brake set up from the Chevelle/3rd gen Nova on my 66. I ran a 15 X 4 Centerline wheel with a 195-65X15 tire. Stock 66 Nova spindle. My tires RUBBED the front fender BAD. I had trouble getting the car into a parking spot.

Changed the Disc brake set up to a ZERO offset by T.C.I. My rubbing problem is all gone. I now run a 15 X 6 inch wheel with 4 inch back spacing.

Bryan

1 - 7 of 7 Posts