Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious but what is the biggest bore you can do on a Chevy 350 with out changing a lot of things?

·
Registered
2,188 Posts
Only bore what's needed to clean up and true. I would not go more than .40, after that wall thickness get to thin and may flex imho. some will go to .60 and heard of some going to .80?

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok, I'm looking for a complete engine rebuild kit for my Chevy 350. Where can I get a complete kit for a good price online?

·
Registered
324 Posts
Ok, I'm looking for a complete engine rebuild kit for my Chevy 350. Where can I get a complete kit for a good price online?
http://www.competitionproducts.com/Chev-350-Rotating-Assembly-4040-Bore/productinfo/350SP-30/

It says 40 40 but it is a 350 speed pro kit thats .030 over... Id call competition products to make sure they know they messed up. I have bought tons of parts threw them and they are cheap not cheap like junk cheap but cheaper then jegs and summit most times.

·
Registered
753 Posts
Balancing is when they balance the rotating assembly. Pistons, rods, crank etc. It makes sure that as all of those parts rotate around a centerpoint (center of crank) that is is balanced in all 360 degrees.
It provides for a smoother running motor, longer lasting motor due to less force being applied to certain parts.

Think about what happens in your washing machine when you put all the wet clothes on one side during the spin cycle.

Usually you are better off geting a rotating assembly balanced but it will depend hom much benefit by what your intended usage is.

Why dont you post up what you are starting with, what you want to do with the motor as the end result as well as your budget. You will get a lot of help.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Balancing is when they balance the rotating assembly. Pistons, rods, crank etc. It makes sure that as all of those parts rotate around a centerpoint (center of crank) that is is balanced in all 360 degrees.
It provides for a smoother running motor, longer lasting motor due to less force being applied to certain parts.

Think about what happens in your washing machine when you put all the wet clothes on one side during the spin cycle.

Usually you are better off geting a rotating assembly balanced but it will depend hom much benefit by what your intended usage is.

Why dont you post up what you are starting with, what you want to do with the motor as the end result as well as your budget. You will get a lot of help.
Had that same idea.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts