Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just have a quick question about which bulb's are used for my Acadian's reverse light's. I've misplaced my old one's. I tried 1156 bulb's but, they don't seem to make contact with the light socket's. Any help solving my problem will be greatly appreciated. Thanks Invader.

·
Registered
338 Posts
The 1156 is the correct 1967 back-up lamp bulb.

There should be 2 grooves in the light socket with the L-shaped groove going to the bottom of the light socket.
There are 2 short barb-like prongs on the bulb, one higher, one lower.
Line up the bulb so that the lower prong in the L-shaped groove.
Press the bulb all the way to the bottom of the socket and give it a twist to lock it in place.
Try it.:yes:

Hardly anyone been on the Canadian forum, are they are all on the BS or Originality threads?

Gary

·
13,985 Posts
Check that the small springs under the contacts in the socket are freed up. These frequently break or get corroded and stick below the bulb base when it's inserted in the socket.

Bob

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank's guy's. It sound's like the spring's may be stuck, because when I push on the bulb it comes on. I'm so close to having my car done, the small problem's seem to cause the most grief. Now, at least I know what to actually look for. Thank's again. Cheers Invader

1 - 4 of 4 Posts