Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
890 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How long did it take to receive your trans after ordering?Its been 5 weeks and they say it should be shipped next week.:confused: :eek: :mad: Originally it was to be shipped on 3/20.Nova turning into a train wreck.:(

·
Registered
710 Posts
skullboy said:
How long did it take to receive your trans after ordering?Its been 5 weeks and they say it should be shipped next week.:confused: :eek: :mad: Originally it was to be shipped on 3/20.Nova turning into a train wreck.:(
I just got off the phone 5 min. ago with Scott at ClassicChevy5Speed to order my TKO-600 kit and clutch. Everything will ship tomorrow except the driveshaft, which they will build and ship after I provide the measurements. He told me twice that everything is in stock, so I don't think there is a shortage of Tremec's out there. Sucks to hear you've had to wait so long.

·
Registered
710 Posts
Since Keisler sells theirs with that custom tail housing it might take them awhile to get them modified and shipped out. Mine is just the standard TKO-600 with the stock shifter.

This may not be the reason for the delay, just my guess. What are they telling you (besides "it will ship next week")?

A

·
0 Posts
If memory serves me.......it took about 3-4 weeks to get my TKO 600 from Keisler. Drive shaft took another 10 days after sending in measurments.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Since everyone is talking about these transmissions, I have a question. Is there a difference in the way the Keisler, normal Tremec, and Classis five speed fit into the car? Do they all require cutting the floor to make them fit?

·
Banned
26,231 Posts
they all offer the exact same thing... it depends on what ya order. "special offset shifter" or regular straight up shifter... all these guys are distributors/suppliers... not the manufacturer.

in the Library there's listings for a few suppliers, and the manufacturer...

YES, you'll HAVE to mod floor...

·
Registered
787 Posts
Mine was installed June 30th, 2004, yes 2004.
Price at the time was $1,623.50 US.
I was told it was the 7th transmission shipped from Tremec.
Keisler and all the others were not shipping yet, but I found out that a few transmissions went out early to the major existing master tremec dealers for display transmissions.
Mine never got to the display stage, I took it off the recieving doc the day it arrived at the Master Tremec dealers warehouse.:D

·
Premium Member
1,365 Posts
you can click on my ride in the signature area, there are two pics in the interior section, it's not a great pic but you get the idea. I don't have the bellhousing P-# off hand but i can dig around to see if i have it handy when i get a chance.

·
Registered
372 Posts
I ordered mine from keisler about 1 1/2 years ago and at that time it took about 4 or 5 weeks. Well worth the wait!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts