Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
Looks like that carb worked pretty well. That's pretty close to the 10's right there. Congrats on the new ET! :beer:

·
Premium Member
11,287 Posts
Looks to me like you got that car doing one heck of job.:) Really launches good. Not to shabby on the light also.:D Good work...keep it up.

Don

·
Registered
362 Posts
Add a open 1" spacer if you don't already have one, and or cut the ground straps off your plugs. They will foul on the street but usually are worth about 1 tenth. lossen your drum brakes so they are to the point there is no drag, if you have 4 wheel drums it could be a full tenth if your running them tight.

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Couple ounces of nitromethane,should do it!!
But seriously ,i bet your brain is working overtime thinking of ways to get a tenth.Those extra ponies sure are hard arent they!!

GOOD LUCK NEXT OUTING!

·
Registered
1974 chevy. Ova
1,179 Posts
quest for 10's...no doubt to soon be followed by the quest for 9's...then the quest for 8's... :D

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
sproosemoose said:
quest for 10's...no doubt to soon be followed by the quest for 9's...then the quest for 8's... :D
That's the truth!!! Started out wanting a 13.99! A year later I wanted a 12.99 then a 11.99. A few years and a several thousand later.. i want a 10.99!

Do you think the track officials will look at me funny when i roll up wearing nothing but my helmet? :D

·
Registered
544 Posts
Ever noticed the relationship between speed / ET and $$$'s ... :D . I think it becomes "exponential" when you strive for anything 10.99 or lower !!

I know where you are coming from - the last 3 years been creeping down from 11.70's to 11.40's and finally 11.20's with the same combination. Tuning, documentation ... more tuning and a few pennies here and there ... trying to wring out that last bit of performance.

... uh, err ... what was that noise from the motor anyway ;) :eek: ... hence the "stroker project" that is underway.

Good luck with your quest and keep us all posted with your progress ... 10.99 ... 10.99 ... 10.99 ... mantra !!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts