Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I cant get that damn thing out... its on a 64... i took out every bolt or screw possible i still cant figure out how to remove it... its for a friend of mine ive got this extra one and i want to give it to him but yea i just need some tips on how to get it out... thanks :]

·
Premium Member
91 Posts
I did this a while ago and it is actually rather easy. I did the first one without the instructions and then actually read the instructions for the second one and it was much easier. Your problem might be that you already removed every bolt. Most of them should still be attached. I did my 62 Nova so it should be the same for your 64. I think there is a differenet procedure for a sedan v. a hardtop for the hardtop you need to 1) lower windo to almost full down and remove window trip and access hole cover; 2) remove rer quarter window rear guide attaching screws ( the two bolts near the back part of the back seat, it holds the short curved window guide); 3) remove the 4 bolts that attach the window frame to the window regulator (you might have to raise and lower the window to get all the bolts); (4) lift window out (the glass and the bracket it attaches to comes out as one assembly.

If you can try to put the window regulator back the way it was it will help in adjusting the window later) Hope this helps.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts