Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did our novas ever come without any outside trim around the quarter windows. I have the 2 piece now, but my driprail removal has created another problem. The window moldings now stick out past the roof line and doesnt look right. Does the trim help lock the glass or is it just looks? Thinking of filling in the cut on the rubber with windshield urethane to close it up. Any thoughts?

·
Premium Member
5,542 Posts
Got any pictures?

I'd like to see what it is you're talking about...

Thanks

Mark

·
Registered
582 Posts
Thats a good question. You'd have to try and install without moldings and see if the glass isnt loose in any way. I tend to think no problem there. But even if you fill the gasket slit cosmetically it seems to me its a whole lot of rubber on display, probably not nice unless the car is a dark color...

If you already went the length of customizing the roofline, wouldnt it be better to try and further "recess" the glass mounting lip and replace the 2-piece moldings in a deeper position?

Or you could use the kind of "universal" rubber gasket that is used by hot-rodders and set the glass at the desired depth. Youd probably need to cut a larger glass though.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think i got it figured out. With the roof seam being open after cutting the drip rail off, i just used a 1/8 rod and tweaked the roof edge out and rewelded it with the rod between the two. Cant notice it and now the molding if flush with the roof edge. Also had to grind the backside of the b-pillar vent to get that to fit smooth.

·
Premium Member
5,542 Posts
Now you really need to post pictures!
I just finished cut one side off and welding it up...

I have no idea where you're talking about...

PLEASE!

Mark

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Here is after cut off and rewelded, before rod welded in. It loioks the same after, just an 1/8 inch out. Sorry wife has the camera on a trip, cant take any more till she comes back
[/IMG]

1 - 8 of 8 Posts